Last Updated: July 31, 2023
This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) describes the privacy practices applicable to Learning Time Limited and its respective affiliates (collectively, “Learning Time”, “we”, “us” or “our”), which operate www.learningtime.com.hk and www.learningtime-id.com (collectively, the “Site”), respectively. This Privacy Statement informs individuals (“user(s)”, “you” or “your”) about our collection, use, disclosure, and protection of information we collect from you and applies to information we collect or process whenever you interact with us, including when you visit our Site; create an account with us on our Site; provide services on our behalf; enroll in one of our contests, giveaways, or other promotions; purchase our products or otherwise receive our services (collectively “information” or “user information”). This Privacy Statement applies to Learning Time, the Site, and all products and services offered by Learning Time (collectively, the “Offerings”). It does not apply to information collected by any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site. If you do not agree with this Privacy Statement, please do not access or use any of the Offerings.
How Learning Time Collects User Information
Learning Time collects and uses information when a user:
- visits the Site;
- communicates with us via email, live chat, or any other means (for example, sends us an inquiry); calls us;
- purchases a product from us;
- makes a personal account via any of the Offerings;
- registers for, or accesses any of the Offerings;
- logs-in to any of the Offerings with credentials from a third-party site; participates in a Learning Time contest, giveaway, or other promotion;
- registers for Learning Time’s newsletter or other communications; or
- uses other features of any of the Offerings that may be offered from time to time.
In addition, Learning Time collects and uses information about users when:
- we engage service providers to provide Learning Time services; and
- we engage in sales and marketing efforts, including through third-party vendors.
We also use various technologies to automatically collect information about users, including information about their online behavior and devices. Information collected through technology includes usage details, IP addresses, geolocation information, operating systems, browser types, unique device identifiers, and other information about browsing activity, device, and internet connection.
We use Google Analytics and Shopify to analyze usage of the Site. You can review how Google and Shopify collect and use this information by visiting https://policies.google.com/privacy and https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy respectively.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information from users:
- Information that can be used to identify you, such as your name, address, email address, sex and gender, and telephone number, as well as your child’s name, date of birth, and relationship to child (collectively, “personal information”);
- Demographic information, such as your occupation, marital status, ethnicity, religion, country of origin, education, language preference, household income, dwelling type, and asset value;
- company name;
- gifting, referral, and family relationships;
- login information such as username and password;
- information regarding Site and other visits to any of the Offerings, such as the type of browser and operating system, the domain name, the Internet service provider, which pages are visited and for how long, geographic location, and the unique number (such as IP address) assigned to a server or Internet connection; and
- information associated with a user’s social media or third-party account, if used to log-in to the Site or other Offerings.
Payment information, including credit card information, is processed by third parties and third-party processing applications, such as Stripe, Shop Pay, PayPal, and not by Learning Time. We do not have access to the credit card and payment information collected by those third parties.
You may refuse to supply information, but it may prevent you from using the Offerings.
We may process additional information in the context of fraudulent transactions and/or other legal or regulatory obligations applicable to Learning Time.
By submitting any such information to Learning Time, you agree that Learning Time may collect your information and you consent to the collection, use, disclosure, and transfer of such information in accordance with this Privacy Statement and as permitted by applicable law.
For what purposes does Learning Time process information?
We process information for various purposes, including:
- to comply with relevant legal and regulatory requirements;
- to be able to deliver and provide our Offerings;
- to provide relevant information to, and respond to questions from, users, including from parents about their child’s development;
- to process payments;
- to create, manage, and administer accounts;
- to answer questions and/or comments received from users; to administer, fulfill, and enforce contractual obligations;
- to keep users informed about our current and future Offerings;
- to learn about and analyze users’ demographics, interests, behaviors, and relationships for marketing and other similar purposes;
- to promote our Offerings, including through online behavioral advertising;
- to conduct web analytics, including analyzing usage patterns on the Site and other Learning Time platforms;
- to manage our business and support business functions;
- to develop new Offerings;
- to notify you of product recalls or safety issues;
- to enter into business relationships with service providers and other third parties;
- to improve the quality and security of the Offerings; and
- for any purpose to which you consent.
We may combine the information we collect with publicly available information and information we receive from our parent, affiliate, or subsidiary companies, business partners, and other third parties. We may use that combined information to enhance and personalize your experience with us, to communicate with you about products, services, and events that may be of interest to you, for promotional purposes, and for other purposes described in this Privacy Statement and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to.
To which parties does Learning Time share information?
We may share with third parties, without restriction, information that is not personal information or has been deidentified or anonymized such that the third party cannot personally identify you from the information we share.
We share personal information with contractors, service providers, business parties, advertisers and other third parties that we engage to provide services to us or to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential. The parties involved in the above processes may only process information when reasonably necessary for any of the purposes stated above and pursuant to our instructions.
We may share or transfer personal information if we enter a business transaction such as a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or sale of some or all of our assets, or in preparation for any of these events in accordance with applicable laws.
We may also share your personal information with other parties based on your consent.
When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in Hong Kong and Indonesia. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside. If you are located outside of Hong Kong or Indonesia, please be advised that by submitting information to Learning Time, you explicitly authorize and acknowledge its transfer to, and storage and processing in, Hong Kong and Indonesia. When we collect information from outside of Hong Kong or Indonesia, we may rely on various mechanisms to transfer and process that information in Hong Kong or Indonesia. Such mechanisms include, but are not limited to: your consent; the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims; legal arrangements such as data protection clauses; and the performance of a contract. If we rely solely on your consent, and not another mechanism, you have the right to withdraw your consent by contacting Learning Time’s customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children under the age of 13
In the event that a user places certain purchases based on his or her child’s age, we specifically also collect and process the name and date of birth of the child. Your provision of such information constitutes your consent to such processing. Further, if a user provides us additional information about his or her child when interacting with us (for example, via email or phone), we will also collect and process that information.
We will limit our collection of personal information of children to no more than is reasonably necessary for operation of the Site.
What rights and choices do users have?
Accessing and Changing Your Information. If you have an account with us, you can review and change the personal information associated with your account by logging into your account and visiting your account profile page. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Opt-Out of Marketing. You may opt-out of receiving marketing solicitations directly from us by contacting Learning Time customer support at email@example.com. Even if you opt-out, we may still use and share the information we collect for non-marketing purposes.
Unsubscribe from Emails. Our marketing emails will include an automated way for you to opt out (unsubscribe) from marketing emails sent by us. To unsubscribe, please follow the instructions in the email you receive.
Interest-Based Advertising: Although we do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising or other targeted content, a number of these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
How does Learning Time secure information?
Although we employ technical and organizational controls that we believe are reasonably appropriate to protect personal information, including the use of secure databases for personal information, we cannot guarantee that our security precautions will protect against the loss or misuse of information. Similarly, we cannot guarantee the privacy or security of information you transmit over the Internet or that may be collected in transit by others, including contractors that provide services to us.
How long does Learning Time keep information?
We keep information for as long as necessary for the purposes mentioned in this Privacy Statement, including for the fulfillment of our contractual and legal obligations and for as long as a user accepts marketing communications from us. We may also process and retain information for other purposes, if and/or for as long as the law allows us to retain it for certain purposes. This includes defense against possible legal claims.
If you would like to request that we delete your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot promise deletion will occur within a specific timeframe. In addition, there may be circumstances where we will not be able to honor your request. For example, if you request 100% deletion, we may still need to retain certain personal information to complete a transaction you initiated, to comply with legal and/or regulatory obligations, to notify you of product recalls or safety issues, if we become aware of abuse or other violations of our Terms of Service, or for other permitted purposes. If you request that we delete your information, it may affect our ability to provide you with products and services and may affect your ability to use the Site.
Other websites and links
The Offerings may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the information collection or privacy practices of other websites. You should consult the privacy policies of other sites before you visit those sites or provide any information to those sites. Social networking sites may connect your visit to the Offerings with your information. We do not control the privacy practices of such third-party sites.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right, in our discretion, to supplement, or change this Privacy Statement and implement new or revised privacy policies in particular countries or regions at any time and from time to time. The most recent version of our Privacy Statement can be found on the Site. The date this Privacy Statement was last updated is at the top of this page. We therefore recommend that users visit this website regularly to learn more about the information we process. If we materially change the way we process users' information or if we need to notify our users of a material change to the information we hold about them, we will contact those users by emailing such users or otherwise notifying them in writing.
By continuing to access or use the Offerings after changes to this Privacy Statement become effective, you agree to be bound by the terms of the revised Privacy Statement.